Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Lost Art

this was written for another blog by me, Suez, and will post here as it applies to life.

Every college student needs a hobby. This is a fact. Yes, a fact. For those college students without a hobby answer me this question. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE!? There is nothing wrong with homework but don’t waste your young life in the books! The result is not success, its pen marks on your face from the homework you did the night before, it’s the book that has somehow managed to attach itself to your cheek, and it’s the drool that runs down your binder. So here is a list of my hobbies. I will stick to the hobbies that anyone can pick up that will bring happiness for all, anti-social and those never alone.

1. Feeding cactuses. When stuck in some random city visit the local nursery. Buy a small cactus because they are soft and furry. Overall, fun to play with. Do not forget to supply food for your cactus. This should not be an issue as they only need a small amount of water. Unless you by chance live in C11 at Snow Gardens. This apartment has somehow managed to over feed Larry the cactus. He is now obese. For me, FAIL.

2. French Braiding hair. Some of my girlfriends like their hair braided. I do this for them because it will curl their hair or keep it out of their beautiful face. This is not very time consuming but much more so then overfeeding a cactus. The problem with this is you only have so much hair to braid, sooner or later you run out. Yes, run out. My girlfriends also tend to sleep on it and when they wake up their hair is a mess of something. For me, FAIL.

3. Listening to country music. One of my favorite things to do. When one does this you must draw at the same time! Draw pictures of what the song reminds you of and then give it to your room mates! They will love that you did something for them. Warning, do not give to your roommate at two in the morning while she is sleeping. Result? For me, FAIL.

4. Reading 2002 date ideas. This is a book that can be found at your local college campus library. For me it is the Karen H. Huntsman library. (I stared at the title of the library from the window in my modern social problems class, this may also be a good hobby. Result may be fail though in both the happiness it brings you and in your class.) When you get the book study it hard! With study comes practice and applying. I personally applied number thirteen to a first date.
Forget about having a big wedding and just elope
(Haynes, Edwards.) This did not go well, in fact as soon as they saw that we were heading in the direction for Las Vegas he tucked and rolled. I think he is still somewhere in the desert wandering. I still don’t understand, but, FAIL!

5. Knitting. Brings true happiness. Not many do this anymore and in fact you only really see grandmas do this but let me tell you something, the elderly are extremely wise. Yes, Wise. Like I told my mom, it is an investment! I can now knit my own scarves and my own sweaters! Today I was looking through a book of patterns and found the ugliest sweater pattern; I can’t wait to wear one. (THAT I MADE!!) For now though I must stick with the scarf and keep it as basic as possible until I improve. I do have a plan though. I plan to knit my own Halloween costume and I will be a knight in shining armor! My armor will look like the chain but in all reality will just be yarn in the basic kitting stitch. I will stay warm and movable this year unlike the poor little boy in The Christmas Story. Overall, SUCCESS!

As you can see five is the best choice. It will definitely make you happy in your life. For those who like people they can start teaching their friends. I have also done this and succeeded in teaching her to cast on. She has yet to start the knit stitch though. Perhaps she can just cast on a gigantic scarf. I’m positive she could pull that off as well as every other person alive. My future kids will be warm. :D

SUEZ

No comments:

Post a Comment